We are passionate brand storytellers. We believe the best way to market your brand is by telling its true story authentically and consistently–whether it’s on a website, with a logo, or in a campaign. And the stories we tell are all about you and your brand–they’re tailored to fit you alone, and we work with you to create them. We started Gravity so we could work with companies and organizations that have a positive impact on our community and region. Helping those brands grow is why we come to work everyday.
Meet Our Team
Brand and Marketing Strategy
Steve has led Gravity Group for over 20 years. As our senior brand marketer he is passionate about helping companies build awareness and preference for their brands. He continues to focus on understanding audiences and developing ethical marketing strategies to reach them. He has provided brand and marketing guidance for such diverse industries as healthcare, banking, higher education, and government and for several prominent organizations including Greenpeace, The Justice Department, the U.S. Postal Inspection Service, and Sentara.
Outside of work you can find Steve–a dedicated foodie–searching for the latest great restaurant or hanging out at the dog park with our Gravity Office Pup, Ollie. He also enjoys teaching acting classes, and performing Improv Comedy with his business partner Christian as Nickels and Weiner, America’s Improv Comedy Duo.
Some things you might not know about Steve
- Advice I’d give my childhood self would be, “You aren’t indestructible. Consider not jumping off of everything.”
- If I could live in a book/TV show/movie, I would choose Chopped–I’d like to cook like that.
- I’m inspired by great movies like Saving Private Ryan or The Dresser.
Brand and Creative Strategy
Christian has been with Gravity since back around the time that electricity was invented (we’ll just say “20+ years”). A passionate brand storyteller and lover of all things creative, Christian ensures that integrated campaigns, media projects, and designs are all fresh, inspiring, and true to the brand they reflect. One of his favorite aspects of working at Gravity is the opportunity to work with so many talented people – from creative professionals to inspiring clients.
Outside Gravity, Christian is busy with a (patient) wife and two kids, as well as a dog named Franklin. Christian can also be caught from time to time playing music, engaging in theater, and sitting down at the occasional poker game.
Some things you might not know about Christian
- If I weren’t a creative director, I’d be a small-part film actor.
- For inspiration, I watch classic films and play music with much more talented musicians.
- If I could live in a TV show/film, it would be Ocean’s Eleven.
Marketing, Web, and Digital
Lindsey brings more than ten years of experience in web design, digital marketing, and media strategy to the Gravity team. Her passion for designing campaigns that keep the audience top-of-mind ensures that messages hit their mark. She has led successful website development projects for clients in a variety of industries, including financial, technology, and retail.
Outside of the office, you can find Lindsey baking, decorating, or playing with her two rescue pups, Jillie and Sophie. She enjoys traveling and has hiked a glacier in Iceland, zip lined across the Smokies, and is looking forward to her next big adventure.
Some things you might not know about Lindsey
- If I weren’t in marketing, I’d be a host on QVC.
- For inspiration I take the dogs for a walk – it’s a great opportunity to be outside and clear my head.
- My hidden talent is doing cartwheels (I once won a cartwheel competition).
Digital Marketing and Project Management
Paige comes to us from James Madison University where she was the founder and coordinator of a digital consulting program. She’s passionate about project management (that’s normal, right?), digital storytelling, and user-centered design. She’s inspired by Gravity Group’s commitment to ethical marketing and excited to help tell our clients’ stories.
Outside of the office, you can find Paige hiking with her dog, Kaizen, enjoying the music scene in Staunton, and planning her next Airbnb adventure.
Some things you might not know about Paige
- If I could live in a TV show, it would be something by Joss Whedon. Horrible things would happen, but the dialogue would be so witty and I’d probably get super powers.
- I’m inspired by the movies of Charlie Kaufman and Joe Wright.
- For inspiration, I love brainstorming with smart people, ideally while walking a dog or in front of a whiteboard.
Video Production and Photography
Mark is our in-house expert on videography, photography, and motion graphics. He splits his time between location scouts, production shoots, and his customized media laboratory of an office, intently editing commercials and content for our clients.
Mark grew up in central Illinois, taking photos as far back as he can remember on any camera he could get, and making fiction and documentary videos since he was a teenager. Mark studied photography and video at Eastern Mennonite University, and has worked in media and communications for several non-profits and as a freelance photographer in DC and Baltimore before moving back to Harrisonburg and joining the Gravity team.
Outside of work, Mark loves exploring life, art, and everything else with his wife Kathryn and brand new son Lucas. Mark loves working on photography and film projects in his spare time, occasionally showing work in local galleries. When he doesn’t have a camera in hand, Mark also enjoys listening to music, discovering new things on YouTube, biking and hiking, and is a new tech enthusiast.
Some things you might not know about Mark
- I’m inspired by fine art, especially modern mixed media & sculpture.
- If I weren’t a media specialist, I’d be carpenter or architect. I love making and fixing things!
- If I could live in a book/TV show/movie, I would choose Lord Of The Rings or Star Trek. It’s a solid tie.
Graphic Design and Illustration
Stephanie is Gravity Group’s in-house graphic design expert and a key member of our creative team. Her days stay interesting because of the continual challenge for each client of keeping designs feeling fresh, while making sure they are consistently on-brand. She’s an artist and a techie at heart, and especially loves any project where she can break out her iPad and pencil to mix computer-generated and hand-drawn graphics.
Outside of work, Stephanie enjoys fostering dogs and spending time with her own dog and cat. She also draws, both digitally and traditionally, for friends and family or when inspiration strikes. Whenever her hands are idle, she begins to doodle.
Some things you might not know about Stephanie
- For inspiration I Google and doodle.
- If I weren’t a design specialist, I’d be an architect.
- If I could live in a book/TV show/movie, I would choose Harold and the Purple Crayon.
Brand, Web, and Design
Ros helps Gravity Group with our own branding and marketing, and keeps us practicing what we preach. She has a diverse technical, artistic, and communication background, and her favorite weeks are the ones where she is balancing logo design, blog post writing, and an excel task that calls for complex formulas.
Ros is a first time dog owner, and a recently-declared “dog person” (although that doesn’t make her any less of a cat person). She loves hiking, traveling, learning languages, singing, playing guitar, and recently discovered a love of acting.
Some things you might not know about Ros
- My hidden talent is drawing cartoons about my cat Fat Fat.
- If I could live in a book/TV show/movie, I would choose Gilmore Girls.
- If I weren’t a brand and web specialist, I’d be a naturalist.